Personal and Other Information Collected by CTLS
CTLS collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you explore the Website, make a donation, purchase merchandise, or otherwise communicate with us by mail, telephone or electronically (including via the Website).
- Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Purchase/donation history
- Forum/Guestbook communications and photos
- Complaints you may have about the Website and any of its content and offerings
- Veteran / Military / Group affiliate Status
We may also collect information through technology for routine system administration purposes, to make the Website more interesting and useful to you, or to manage content delivery. We use this information to understand which areas of our Website are most appealing or least appealing, or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence.
We reserve the right to collect, distribute and use your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does CTLS Collect Personal Information?
CTLS collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information, products or services you have requested, including processing your donation;
- To better understand you and to allow us to serve you better through more detailed information, enhanced customer service and directed CTLS promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any challenges, questions or concerns you may have about CTLS, our services or the Website;
- To determine your eligibility for our events, programs, products and services; and
- For internal recordkeeping, reporting, and data analysis.
If you opt in to receive information, offers, promotions or other content that CTLS may from time to time provide , your information will be used to provide you with offers for CTLS events, programs, products and services that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our events, programs, products and services. If you have opted in to receive such information and offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does CTLS Disclose, to Whom and Why?
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, CTLS may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, credit card processing, merchandise sales and order fulfillment. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law, or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect CTLS’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of Users sending material using a false email address or Users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To Strategic Partners. We also reserve the right to share information with our strategic partners and other designated non-profit organizations of ours. We do not sell or rent personal information about you (except in connection with a significant transaction as described immediately below).
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving CTLS or any of its affiliated entities such as, by way of example, a merger, amalgamation, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to CTLS’s various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, CTLS would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of any such transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to CTLS’s successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How Long Does CTLS Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does CTLS Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
CTLS has implemented reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as encryption, passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When Users browse our Website, for example, we may gather information about the number of Users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features generate the most interest. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content that we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your interest. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Website to third parties.
Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated or monitored by CTLS. CTLS is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CTLS of the website or content linked to. CTLS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF CTLS’S WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON CTLS’S WEBSITE. Unless otherwise expressly stated at CTLS’s Website, CTLS is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked website, and trademarks used in connection with linked website are not trademarks of CTLS. CTLS specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by a minor of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How to Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to a CTLS representative, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which CTLS can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information
Please note that certain information is required by CTLS to process payment and fulfill any orders or donations that you may place through the Website or through a third party engaged by CTLS to process orders or donations, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then CTLS may not be able to fulfill your orders or process donations.